tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I broke my camera, and that makes me sad.

The first ever baptism of an El Pozo student was this morning. Very cool. We went to this weird swimming pool/park/retreat center outside of Puebla, and Elsa was one of 20-25 people to get baptized. (The others all attend the church we go to, Torre Fuerte.) Nathan got to baptize her, and it was a really cool experience. Afterwards, we had a big "birthday party" for Elsa... cake, punch, a pinata, Slip and Slide, and other games. I had a really great time.

I have hung out with Megan, one of the other exchange students, a lot this weekend. It has been really good. It's funny how much she reminds me of my best friend in some ways (but is very different in other ways)... She loves purple, earrings, reading, and walking places much faster than anyone else likes to walk there. Anyway, we've had a good time hanging out. She's pretty introverted, and sometimes that means it's hard to get anything about what she's actually going through out of her, at least until AFTER she's done going through it. We laugh together a lot, though, and that's nice. We both love to tell stories, and so that has been good. It's nice to talk to someone else who has a great best friend back home - someone else who understands the risks of getting too close, but has found how great it can be to put God in charge of a valuable friendship.

I think my camera is broken. I dropped it this afternoon (after taking pictures of Elsa's baptism, of course), and now it won't turn on. I tried new batteries, and it's still not working. This drives me nuts, especially because it's ENTIRELY because I did something stupid, and I really usually take good care of the nice things that I have. I guess I will just have to usurp the pictures Kassie takes for the rest of the trip. How annoying. But, really, not a huge deal.

It's not that late (11:45... not 7:30, in case the timestamp says something different =)), but I think I'm going to read and then sleep. I'm pretty tired, and tomorrow's a full day of church, lunch, and who knows what else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home