tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Friday, September 08, 2006

Though the world moves like mad...

The past week or so hasn't been very exciting, but I think that's good for me. I have finally had to accept that I really, truly, live in Mexico. (For the next few months, at least)... that means it's not all crazy, and life isn't always an adventure. I shouldn't try to make it all an adventure. I am typically moderately introverted (I like people, but I also LOVE my alone time), but I have basically avoided being alone for extended periods of time here. Until a couple of days ago, I hated being in my room alone... that was when I started to become lonely. I'm trying to learn to enjoy alone time. It makes time with people even better, and it allows me to unwind a little bit. Nice. I got out my guitar and played for a little while tonight, and I'm so glad that I did... I've missed that.

I have discovered two new worship songs I really enjoy: "Those Who Trust" and "Land of the Living." Georgia Southern does them a lot, and so Andrew (one of the other exchange students) plays them frequently. Very nice. Check them out sometime, if possible. (The title of this entry is from "Those Who Trust")

I am not homesick at all, but I'm starting to miss little things... in the realm of food: oatmeal creme pies, sushi from Sushi Station, GOOD root beer floats, Wendy's, Chipotle (I know, I know... I'm in Mexico. I shouldn't miss burritos). Other things: random drawings of (sadly, deceased) bettas, fast internet connections, cell phones with color screens, the crossword in the newspaper, newspapers in english, homework involving NUMBERS (I had no idea I would miss this... but I'm starting to), Judy (my car), free refills.

I'm tired, and if I go to bed now, I can fall asleep to the sound of rain. So... good night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

1. We did "Those Who Trust" at church a few weeks ago (not for the first time – I'm just telling you that for the purpose of the story), and the last verse that starts with "Christ the King" very nearly came up "Chris the King," because Ed has typed it in from online, but I fixed it at the last minute in our spiffy new program.

2. Okay, I can only mail you one of the things you mentioned on that list of things you miss. Sad. I still haven't gotten your package from Mexico, so I imagine that more-than-a-week-old Chipotle would not be good.

3. Is the picture of Brad Jeffries in Mexico with you? If so, why?

4. Did you really go to bed at 10 p.m.?

12:32 AM  
Blogger Audrey said...

1. Good story. We grade Kassie's stories now (mostly because most of them deserve low scores)... yours would get about a 78. We're tough graders.

2) You are so great. I am looking forward tremendously to your package. Mail it soon, okay? =)

3) Obviously, the picture of Brad is not with me. That's why I miss it.

4) According to my blog, I posted that at 12:05 am. Does it say something different for you, or are you just bad at reading?

12:37 AM  
Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

It said 10 p.m. for me. Grumph.

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home