tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Monday, January 22, 2007

and all at once, the crowd begins to sing...

...sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same. ("All at Once," The Fray)

It's amazing how quickly everything becomes so busy. By the end of the third week of school (this week!), I will have: taken two tests; gone to three small group meetings, two Bible Studies, two leadership group meetings, two organizational meetings, one official school function (as a student representative); turned in six homework assignments; taken four online quizzes; read two books(!); made a movie; applied for two jobs; made 10 poster board invitations; and who knows what else. The point is... it has been busy.

The semester has been good so far, though... I haven't felt stressed out at any point - just BUSY. I think I'm taking a good number of classes, and I love that I have been able to spend time with my friends. I spent all day Saturday just hanging out with several of my favorite people in Atlanta, and I'm so glad. It's my hope that I can maintain this sense of balance for the rest of the semester. It might not happen... but it'd be nice if it stayed this way.

A good friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend on Friday night. I guess she has felt that he was spiritually "stuck" since last spring, but she was in Thailand all fall. Since coming back, she has realized that she really wants to be in a relationship with someone who will push her spiritually, not someone who is complacent in his faith. She still loves her boyfriend, and I'm incredibly impressed with her strength as she fights to stick to the decision she has made, and which she believes is right. I've been trying to encourage her as much as possible, and I think we're going to go out for coffee sometime this week.

I think I'm going to head to bed... first, though, I think I will hang up my posters. It worries me that the periodic table is taped up next to my desk, but I still don't have up any posters. This needs to be corrected. Sorry I didn't say anything more interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home