tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Vivir con Él

One of the things we've talked about a lot here is that, a lot of the time, you never see the eventual impact of your words/friendships/works here. The people here are so tentative about embracing Jesus as a real, active relationship instead of a rigid religion that, most of the time, it's hard to see that you have made any difference at all. I guess that's why the last few days have been so cool. No one has publicly declared Christ, but I've seen people become "sold" on El Pozo... on the community, and on the love. And knowing that our faith in Christ is the sole reason that the love of El Pozo is so real and so deep... it's exciting.

Seeing the excitement at El Pozo tonight was awesome. The turnout was small, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. A friend sang along with praise for the first time (most of the Mexicans just sit and listen while we sing), and she stood up and shared how great of an experience it was. She described the weekend as "one of the best of her life." Unbelievable, man.

God is ridiculous.

Vivir con Él
Vivir con Él, es lo que un día espero
Estar con Él, es lo que más anhelo hoy
Más anhelo hoy

Cada día de mi vida esperaré en Tu amor
Cada dia de mi vida oirás mi clamor
Que sin Ti no soy nada
Que sin Ti no soy nada

Living with Him, it is a day I hope for
Being with Him, it is what I'm yearning for today
What I'm yearning for today

Every day of my life I have hope in Your love
Ever day in my life You will hear my cry
Without you I am nothing
Without you I am nothing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home