tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

scattered thoughts, as usual

Man, God is cool. I have seen how cool He is through pictures, talks, music, stories, and even personal experiences. How awesome. I spent an hour outside today, just listening. I do a lot of talking, and it was definitely time to sit and listen. And it was among the highlights of my week. Things aren't perfect; the problems that existed still exist. But I know I've got Him with me the whole time. I am going to do my best to keep doing the listening thing this week.

A thought hit me tonight, and it scared me. In a couple of months, it will be much more difficult to have a life focused on God. Right now, He is my reason for being where I am. He is the subject of meetings, and my closest friends all are actively seeking Him, as well. It's going to be hard to leave this place, this atmosphere. It will be a challenge to set aside 30 minutes in the morning and an hour later in the day, just to seek Him. I want to do it, though. I know I need Him just as much at Tech, and I know it will be even more important to put effort into the discipline of it. Tech is a place that makes it so easy to slip into complacency, and I don't want that.

My goal for the week is to, as my dear Mormon "foster mother" once put it, "think nice things and say them." I struggle with sharing encouragement, probably because of my general fear of openness. But this week, I'm going for it. Yeah.

Time for the late-night showing of "America's Next Top Model." Heck yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home