tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Sunday, October 01, 2006

thoughts

I think that one of the ways that God is using this semester is to help me see all of the roadblocks that Satan tries to use to keep me from following the Lord. I realized this about anger earlier in the week; I think he does it in a number of ways, actually. I think it's important to realize that, though... I was explaining to some of the girls the other day, that I think I (and many people, probably) have a habit of saying "Yeah, God, I want to follow You. There's just this wall in the way. Don't worry. I'll climb it, then I'll keep going." And God tries to tell us that He's there, ready to destroy the wall with a strong push, a hammer, a bulldozer, whatever... but we're so busy trying to scale the wall to get to God, we ignore that He's right there with us. I spend so much time trying to figure out how to quit being angry about something so I can get back with God, I forget that He's still there, even when I'm angry.

One of my favorite things about Mexico is that, here, I don't feel like I limit myself to the person I know I am. I know I can't dance... that doesnt keep me from going to Portos each week with friends, or doing a goofy skit about "gringo dancing" for Open Mic Night. I play flag football even when I'm one of the few girls in the game. I joke with people I barely know after En Vivo, I speak up in leadership meetings, I have opened up to the other four girl. I'm not saying I'm an entirely different person, and I'm not even saying that I do all of these things all of the time. But still... things are different here, and I like that. I like the person I feel like I am becoming. I hope and pray I continue to grow when I go back.

Speaking of being open, I have to give my testimony to the other nine exchange students (plus Angie) on Thursday. I'm a little freaked out... I need to sit down sometime and pray and think about all of the things I need to include.

That's all for now, I guess. I have to write a speech for class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home