tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Friday, January 12, 2007

life at tech

Since returning to Tech (after a semester abroad in a very different academic atmosphere), I feel like I have a much keener awareness of the truly odd things that make it Tech. My DSP class provided me with two such examples this afternoon:

1) About 20 minutes into class, a young man (probably a year younger than me, if I had to guess) came in dressed in a tan sport coat, sat in the seat in front of me, shook hands with the guy next to him (not to introduce himself, but to acknowledge the existing relationship they had), set his leather briefcase (think typical square briefcase a door-to-door insurance salesman would have) on the table, and promptly pulled out a jar of milk. He unscrewed the lid (I think it was a strawberry jam jar - red lid) and drank out of his jar throughout class.

2) My teacher, at one point, said "A real number is just a special case (type) of an imaginary number." And no one seemed to think it was odd.

1 Comments:

Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

I love your school.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home