tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving, 34 minutes late.

Things I am thankful for:

1) My family. They may drive me crazy, but I love them.
2) My friends "at home," whether home means Atlanta or Lawrence. These are the people who call me on things, show me what love means in an amazing way, send me videos because it's halloween and they wish I were there, tell me stories that crack me up, know me more deeply than I thought I would ever let people know me, and laugh with me day after day. I haven't let a ton of people know me that well, but I love those who I have for their acceptance and love for me.
3) God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. (It's the trinity... I'm allowed to group Them as One. =))
4) This semester. God has taught and changed me in some amazing ways, and these have been the most amazing 3 months of my life.
5) CCF. This community has taught me so much about what a community should and can be. People from CCF have challenged, loved, and taught me in some wonderful ways.
6) My education at Georgia Tech.
7) My friends here. People who challenge the way I think, call me to be a leader, and push me to grow in ways I never imagined.
8) I'm going to copy Claire... Madeleine L'Engle. In the first couple of months of my time here, as well as my entire summer, her words served as a voice of familiarity, friendship, and wisdom.
9) Laughter. I love laughing with friends about jokes, in front of a great TV show (AD, The Office, Friends, etc.), or for no clear reason at all.
10) College basketball. I get to watch the GT/UGA football game on Saturday, but that can't compare to the game I'm missing later that night. I will be so glad to once again be able to cheer on my life-long favorite and my school's team in person, or at least in front of the TV.

And I am so grateful to my friends here for being a part of my Thanksgiving. It wasn't what I know and love about Thanksgiving (family, home and everything that goes with it, scrabble, etc.), but it was pretty darn great. We didn't watch Elf like I thought we would, but that just means that I get to watch it and enjoy it with Christmas cookies and the comfort of home in a few weeks. Just because Mexicans don't celebrate Thanksgiving, it doesn't mean that gringos don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Mexico. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home