tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I know I haven't written in a while... that's due to a combination of insane busy-ness and general lack of desire to try to put all my thoughts into writing. Sorry about that. I promise I'm still alive, and life has been very good.

My time is Mexico is rapidly drawing to a close. The first of 10 exchange students left for the airport at 4:30 this morning. I said goodbye to a Mexican student (and wonderful friend) for the first time just a few hours earlier. Tomorrow is the last official El Pozo event of the semester, and most everyone else leaves Friday or Saturday. My feelings about this, at the moment, are very mixed. I'm sad to leave these people who I have grown to love and this place for which I have developed a deep passion. At the same time, though, I am very much looking forward to some things about home - the friends and family I love, my car, and a sense of completion. At the moment, I feel stuck in limbo: my official duties are over and people are leaving, but I'm here for another week.

Angie told us to be prepared: a time will come when we crash. It may be days, weeks, or months after we return, but it'll happen. I'll be in the States, in my home (or at my school), and I'll feel out of place/uncomfortable. This seems bizarre - how can I be uncomfortable in the place I'm from? I guess knowing it's coming helps, but it's a little scary. I'm very glad that I have good friends who will be there to help me and make me take those struggles to God when the time comes.

Sorry this is short, but I think that's all for now. Seven days until I'm back in the States.

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

I know it's kind of bittersweet for you to have your time as a Mexican coming to an end, but I hope you know that I am VERY excited to spend time with you. You'll have to tell a lot of stories.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Limbo's a strange place to be, isn't it? I hope you make peace with it soon so you can enjoy your last few free days in Mexico.

I hope your crash is neither too sudden nor too severe.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home