tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Monday, December 11, 2006

I'll fly away...

The past few days have been some of the most fun I've had in Mexico. It's funny... every semester of college, I have ended up saying at least once, "wouldn't it be great if there were college, just without the classes?" That's what the last few days have been - beautiful weather, lots of friends, and lots of doing my favorite things here. God has blessed me with, somehow, the ability to realize that I have limited time and enjoy that time immensely without getting too sad about the fact that it is coming to an end.

The best part of it all? At the end of the week, when I have to leave this amazingly beautiful, fun place that has been my home for the past four months, I will return to what my friend Mona would call "some of my other homes" - a day with great friends in Atlanta and a few weeks hanging out with the people who make Kansas home (my family and my best friend). I don't how, but somehow, God has allowed me to see that I don't have to be simultaneously sad to leave and homesick; instead, I can be so grateful for the time I have here, and so thrilled to go back to the people I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home