tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Saturday, June 17, 2006

summer rain

As I think I might have said before, I really love summer rainstorms. I was lucky enough to be on the porch as one began tonight. I love soaking up the whole experience, with all of my senses: the smell as the rain really starts to pour, the sound of the rolling thunder and drops pounding the pavement, grass, and tops of houses, and the individual lightning bolts flashing across the sky. I wish I could explain this, but it's just something I love. It's one of those things I miss when I'm in Atlanta, and I really want to end up living in a place with a sky open enough to enjoy these storms.

In other news...well, there's not much other news. I ordered a jacket online that I have wanted for a while. It was sort of expensive, and that was the only thing that was keeping me from buying it. But I decided to do it, and I think I'm glad.

Life is generally pretty good. I'm a little bit lonely here, but I think I'm okay. I miss my friends, but the people at the ministry I've gone to a couple of times are really nice. Hopefully it will be good this week, too. I guess I probably need to get used to missing my friends, since I'm going to Mexico for a few months pretty soon here. I think I want to download this free program called Skype. Apparently it's like AIM, only you can actually talk to the other people. It'd be nice to do that every so often while I'm in Mexico. Thank goodness for the internet, huh? Where would we be without email and AIM?

I guess I should go to bed now. Maybe something interesting will happen to me someday, and I'll actually have something worth writing about. Since I have nothing truly interesting to share, I will instead leave you with a quote from one of my coworkers.

(I turned around from what I was doing and saw him with his shirt raised halfway, and he was rubbing his stomach...)
Me: What are you doing?
F: Oh... I got bored, so I was playing with my tummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home