tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

my life is not that exciting, but I still write about it.

I wish that I had some sort of "escape" here at home... I know that I CAN leave whenever I want, it just doesn't always feel that way. My mom knows when I leave for work, and she knows when I should be getting home. In fact, I got home from work "late" yesterday (about 20 minutes later than normal), and she said that she had started to get worried, and that it was a good thing she didn't start dinner any earlier. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I just...miss having somewhere I can be that doesn't have a specific, expected duration associated with it.

I guess this is a silly thing to be concerned with, and it probably sounds pretty stupid and self-centered of me, to be bothered by my mom focusing so much of her energy on me. I could just use a break from it. Especially after being in the same car/room from noon Friday to Sunday night.

For some reason, Mexico has suddenly become very REAL. All of this talk about fees, and room assignments, and orientation just makes it seem very real and very soon. Scary stuff. I know I shouldn't be that scared - I'm doing this because that's where God wants me. I'm certain of that. But still... it's scary. I'm just trying to take it all one thing at a time, trusting that God will get me where He needs me to be. I just might be a little freaked out while He does. =)

As usual, I feel like there's a lot more swimming in my head than is choosing to come out through my fingertips right now. Work is good, reading is still fun (I'm 2/3 finished with the third "A Wrinkle in Time" book), and there is very little to complain about. There are things I miss and people I miss more than those things, but I suppose that is to be expected. Good conversations with great friends are rivaled only by fantastic conversations with the best of friends, but I guess that makes sense, too.

I'm done for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home