tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Monday, May 29, 2006

an assortment of thoughts

My mom brought me a present from California for taking care of the cats. It is a clock shaped like an egg, and its name is Bob. (Neither she nor I made this name up... it's the actual product name.)

It is so fascinating to me, to watch my sister. In some ways we are remarkably similar; more often, I find it difficult to believe that we are really related.

I read a chapter of a really great book tonight... the chapter was about the importance of community. The entire time I read it, I felt really compelled to take time to email a friend from this past year who I haven't talked to since leaving Atlanta. I emailed her. I don't know why I struggle so much to believe that people are genuine friends, not people who just get paid (very meager amounts) to act as friends.

Now that "High School Musical" is on sale as a DVD, I imagine it will be a long, long time until they show it on TV again. This leaves me with a big question: am I too self-conscious to go into Blockbuster and rent it?

I think I should go to bed before I start discussing how great "Model Behavior" was. Yeah.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I haven't thought about "Model Behavior" in years. Ah, memories.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Audrey said...

"Model Behavior" was a classic. Man. I still will sit and watch it if it's on. And (Claire can vouch for this) I have asked for it for my birthday for at least two years in a row, now. Apparently no one takes the request seriously. =)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

I shall continue to refuse to see it.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

Your loss, my friend.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home