tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Monday, May 22, 2006

first day of work list

I just saw a commercial for CVS Pharmacy in which the pharmacist actually starts to cry because of the deep emotion involved with being a good, successful pharmacist. Odd. Perhaps even more odd because I wasn't fazed a bit by this commercial (other than thinking "man, that's sort of weird"), while other commercials (Sylvan Learning Center commercials are a good example) choke me up EVERY time. Oh well, I'm a freak.

On another note, I have finished my first day of work in the pharmacology and toxicology department at KU. It was pretty fun. However, I don't really feel like writing long paragraphs that would probably be too boring to read... instead, I'm going to share some interesting facts about the day, in list form. Ready?

some facts of my day
1. The other two students in my lab are named Francisco and Mac.
2. They are both very nice guys.
3. I washed lab dishes for a while today. That is, according to my boss, "how everyone starts."
4. I am currently working on a project to find out if a set of mice have the gene that my boss is trying to breed mice to have.
5. Apparently, all of the cafeterias on campus are closed this week.
6. I discovered this after walking to two dfferent cafeterias.
7. Chicken pot pies heated up in the convenience store in the student union are, at best, mediocre.
8. Claire, I saw your dad.
9. He didn't see me because he was riding his bike on one path as I walked on another.
10. I'm tired.

That's all I have to say for now. I have to go to dinner at the Olive Garden to celebrate the birthday of someone I've met once and who is approximately 50 years older than me. This should be a blast.

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

4. It's "whether" not "if." :)

6. That's really sad. You should find somewhere better to eat. Is the Union closed too? My dad and I always used to go there when I was younger...I would have a bowl of chili, a pop, and a piece of cheesecake. Yum.

10. Can we quit?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

4. I'm sorry. Please don't disown me.

6. I haven't checked the Union, but it's sort of a long walk. I'm packing my lunch tomorrow, and once summer school starts, I'll have a place to eat.

10. No. Copy editing and genotyping are fun, remember?

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home