tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

realizations I should have had 10 (ten?) years ago.

It's very possible that I just thought something I've never thought before in my life. What was it, you ask? "Why am I worrying about this?"
... yeah, I know. It's ridiculous that in the 20 years of my life, it's the first time I can remember actually questioning WHY I was worrying before the worry set in. I know I worry too much, and I've spent many times sitting in my room with tears of frustration in my eyes saying "why do I let myself worry?!" But this time, I stopped myself. It may seem like something small and stupid, but if you know me, you know that it's a pretty big step. I think I have just finally let it click, that God won't let me down. I don't have to worry about the fact that three of us have been asked to live in two people's places for the spring. I don't have to worry about housing because God's not going to let me live out on a park bench somewhere on campus. I had a really hard test yesterday, and another one today. And I really don't have to worry about grades, because God's going to take me wherever He wants me to be in the future - a 1 hour circuits lab is not bigger than God. (One blog reader will recognize this as something she's said DOZENS of times. I listened, I promise. It just took God to actually convince me =) )

Anyway, that's pretty cool. You know what else is pretty cool? Tonight I will actually get a decent night's sleep - first time since Sunday I will be in bed before 2:30. Time for dinner, then off to the BMED building. =)

5 Comments:

Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

I bet circuits is getting pretty difficult now, huh? What are you up to, 14 or 15 circuits?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

Claire-
It was, in fact, pretty difficult. But the good news? NO MORE CIRCUITS!!

Answer my stylebook question, will you? I think it's 10, because that's why it became AP Stylebook Day (Observed), right?

9:50 PM  
Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

I'm very confused.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

the subject line was "...should have had 10 (ten?) years ago." And I was confused about which one is correct, according to the AP Stylebook (10 or ten). And I guess maybe you don't remember AP Stylebook Day or AP Stylebook Day (Observed), but I'm fairly sure that we created the latter because it's actually 10, not ten.

Does it make more sense now? I wanted you to use your super copy editor abilities and tell me what the rule is. Sorry that I'm confusing.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

Ahh. Everything makes sense now.

It's 10.

I like both the AP Stylebook days.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home