tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Thursday, March 30, 2006

missionary trading cards

So, my first official Globalscope meeting was this afternoon. It was very exciting, but it made it hit home that I'm going to Mexico, SOON. Crazy. I got a folder filled with amazing things like study abroad transfer credit applications, immunization information, a really cool bracelet to remind me to pray every day (I had brown and pink but traded for blue, white, and black instead. =)), and the coolest thing of all: missionary trading cards. Okay, maybe that's not really what they are. But they're these little 4 by 6 cards with pictures and names of the missionaries on the front and their educational history, brief bio, and prayer requests on the cards. Two of them are the two married couples (Matt and Angie and Nathan and Erin), two are the single people (Dan and Sarah... Tauhira told me they "look so lonely." =))... I'm saying names because I imagine that the next 8 months or so will include their names a fair amount. Anyway, they look like trading cards. And I think they're all rookie cards. Sweet.

School is busy. But life is good. Spring break was amazing - first camping with some of my favorite school friends, then basketball, good TV, road trips, "the horse game," funny pictures, cooking, and more laughing than I can recall with my best friend on earth. Oh, and my second favorite sweatshirt on earth is back in my possession for a while. That's nice. I hit a little "school is killing me" funk at one point (I'm sorry =( ), but I woke up today hungry for something (Spiritually, not literally), and it's been a pretty decent day.

That is all I have to say for now.

"Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours. All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name. For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God." -- Psalm 86:8-10

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

You're going to have to get lots of shots, huh? :(

11:32 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

yeah, lots of shots. =( For some reason even the immunization for typhoid sounds scary. I think it's only vaccination for 3 diseases, but at least one (Hepatitis B - if I need it) is a 3 part shot. So, yeah. Lots of prayers for lots of shots? Please? (And the rest of the whole crazy rapid-fire process) =)

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home