tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Sunday, February 19, 2006

A very John Cusack Valentine's Day

I think it's fair to say that this was my favorite Valentine I got this year. Okay, so there were only three total... but I think this might even beat the rose that Patrick and Kyle gave me. Jill handed this picture to me at small group, and I laughed harder than I have in a while. Anyone who has been friends with me long enough (as the current readership of ONE PERSON certainly has) knows what it sounds like when I really laugh. It was one of those genuine, unstoppable laughs, and the rest of our small group just laughed and watched me crack up.
On an entirely unrelated note, I had a really weird dream last night. It was one of those dreams that lasts most of the night, and I think that I might have even known that I was dreaming... but I kept dreaming, regardless. I was at some sort of a Superchurch -- one of those really huge ones you read about in Time magazine or the New York Times, or something, and for some reason everyone I knew was there (my mom's parents, my mom, my godfather, my best friend). Anyway, I decided to go up to the front (I have no idea why), and the pastor asked me if I wanted to "go for it"... I said sure, and then I realized that I had just agreed to be baptized. I thought it was an awkward situation, but no one was stopping me, so I just walked back towards the baptismal.
This is the point when the dream gets weird. Instead of being baptized then, the pastor (who was either Paula Abdul or Alicia Keys and wearing VERY little clothing-in my dream I connected her to trying to dress like Janet Jackson at the Superbowl a few years ago) told me to take this thing through a device something like an inhaler, and then sit down for awhile. By this point the church service was over, and my mom came up and helped me walk back to my seat. She told me she had to leave, but that she could get me out of the baptism thing if I wanted to, and I could just go back to my hotel and sleep. She did that, and my best friend came over, helped me up, put her arm around me, and helped me walk back to the hotel.
Interpretations, anyone? Or is this just another example of my subconscious being completely bizarre?

1 Comments:

Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

Oooh, interesting.

Some of it (i.e. the Paula Abdul/Alicia Keys pastor and her lack of modesty) was probably just your weird subconscious. I know all about that. =)

My theory on the rest of it, though, is that you're scared of going to do Globalscope and that it won't be what you're used to, or what you expect, and you don't want to be there without the people you're used to being able to help you.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home