tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Monday, April 24, 2006

mmmbop (that's right, my title is the title of a Hanson song)

Today was exactly what I needed. The day started early with a solid BMED poster presentation and a ROUGH statics test (read: I needed a 63 to keep an A and not take the final... I'm not so sure if I got it.), but from there it got so much better. This afternoon at CCF was just a reminder of exactly how great this year has been. We made the last round of cinnamon rolls for the year, I talked to Lindsey (the Globalscope coordinator) about flights, etc., I saw so many people that have made this year great, and we all just hung out and talked. I know this isn't a revolutionary statement, but I fit in there, you know? I have FRIENDS... people willing to tease me, put their arms around me while we talk, have real discussions with me, and share concerns with me. That's really all new this year, and the fact that I've gained it in such a short amount of time blows my mind. After cinnamon rolls were done, I went outside and played a "new game" with some friends... basically two people had an iPod and were singing along as loud as they could, and we were all trying to sing along with them. Highlights included: "Mmmbop," "Flood" (Jars of Clay), and "Bohemian Rhapsody."

Tonight's showing of Invisible Children was really cool, too. Mona and Sallie came with me, and we all really enjoyed the movie. It was pretty intense, and the 50 minutes fly by. I rarely am moved by documentaries (I dont know why... I'm incredibly sappy when it comes to cheesy movies), but this one brought me to tears at one point. I think it had a similar impact on Mona and Sallie - we all decided to do the "Global Night Commute" this Saturday night, and I think it'll be a powerful experience. Basically, we're all going to walk from campus to Piedmont Park, and then we'll spend the night outside... sleeping, writing letters to our congressmen, and just experiencing a night in the life of a child in Uganda.

My suggestion for the week: if you're ever feeling down, take a small piece of paper, and write at the top "How is God Blessing Me?" Keep the paper with you all week, and when you see God blessing you (if it's a really bad week, just start with "when you see something that turns out better than expected" =) ), write it down. It's cool to watch your paper fill up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home