tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Friday, April 21, 2006

slow weekends and resurrection joy

For the first time in... I don't really know how long, actually... the weekend is not entirely packed with things to do. I still have a test to study for on Monday, as well as other assignments due all week (including a paper I haven't started writing yet due Thursday...), but the weekend is at least mostly unstructured. I'm pretty happy about this, I think. I'm going with my friend Jill to visit another friend (one of my Puebla teammates, actually), who is currently bed-ridden at her mom's house. I guess she messed up her knee pretty badly a couple of weeks ago, and the doctors told her to stay off of it as much as possible. SO, we're going to go up and visit her for the evening. It should be really fun.

I'm sure I've said this before, but I think that personality tests are SO interesting. The Myers-Briggs test tells me that I'm a mix between an introvert and extrovert (I'm an XSTJ, for anyone who cares/knows what that means)...what I find interesting about that is that, looking at my life, I can really see that play out in my life, you know? I am a little bit lonely tonight, and I'd love to be in a relaxed but more social setting...at least around one or two good friends. But at the same time, I've been around people all week, and I'm VERY excited about the break. I had some options for the evening, but really I'm glad to be able to sit at home, watch "What Not to Wear," and just unwind. I don't really know where I'm going with this. Nowhere, maybe. That's okay.

Bible Study last night was NUTS. Rick talked about "resurrection joy," and it was a great reminder that, with the resurrection at the foundation of our faith, we have SO much to celebrate. That was followed by a pretty insane celebration while we sang praise music... balloons, confetti, conga lines, crowd surfing, and the like. I mostly just stood back, watched, and sang. It was cool, though... I looked at my friend next to me, who has been raised Catholic, and she was praising God... hands in the air, eyes closed, FEELING IT praise. In the two years I've gone to CCF with her, that was the first time I've seen that, and it made me smile. After a while, a couple of other friends (including Becky) came back to where we were, and we all just sang, laughed, and had a great time. Imagine if we praised God like that every week... how could we NOT live lives on fire for Him?

I e-mailed my contact in Colorado, and he's in the dark about summer interns, as well. He said I should find a backup plan, just in case stuff doesn't pan out. So, I sent an e-mail about a backup plan tonight. Not where I expected to be thinking about working, but who knows. It could be the right place. I'll be a little less vague once I actually hear that it can be my backup. =)

I'm off to enjoy my moderately calm weekend. I hope everyone else has a great one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home