tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I should be sleeping...

I'm not sure how I feel about this new google/blogger thing. We'll see, I guess.

It's late, and I should be sleeping. I don't totally have a lot to say, but I feel like writing. So I am.

I have been in (and out of, and back in) a funk over the last few days. Maybe it has been my heavy workload that has been here, up until tonight. I don't know exactly. I just feel... lost isn't the right word. Just... without purpose here at Tech. I feel like I'm going through the motions, committing the most time and energy to the things that matter the least. Yet, somehow, I still have to dedicate that time. I need to do well in school. Not get 100% on every test or do homework instead of being with a friend... but I need to do well if I'm going to be a doctor and help people that way. I want to do well. But gosh... can staying up until 2 in the morning so that I can write code in a computer program, or studying for hours for a test, only to start thinking about the NEXT big assignment, really be the way things should be? And if it's not, how do I get out of that mindset?

I sort of feel, though, like it's more than that. I don't know, exactly. I went on a mini-vacation last weekend, and it was great. I always feel a tremendous sense of peace when I visit this particular friend. I stop worrying about grades, who I'll hang out with at CCF, and everything else when I go there. At the same time, though, I realize that I can't just hide from life... however nice it is to be there, it's just an escape. I still have to live my life and face its challenges. Now that I'm back, though, I feel overwhelmed. It's not an all-consuming feeling, just a gnawing, and ache in the pit of my stomach. I feel uneasy, but I can't put a name to the things causing this feeling.

I'm trying to turn to God with all of this. I know that's the only way this will get better. But it's hard. I don't know what to ask God for. Nothing is wrong, but I feel like I'm so far away from everything being right. Maybe this makes sense, but I almost wish that there WERE something specific so that I could say, "there, that's the problem." Instead, the best I can do is just say that I just want to get some sense of peace.

Good night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

I should be sleeping
Instead of keeping
These late hours I've been keeping
I've been pacing and retracing
every step and every move...

Sorry, your post title made me think of a country song I really like.

Maybe this is sort of your post-Mexico letdown? It seems like one of the big things that you loved there was having such a purpose, and knowing that your priorities were really the right ones. I'm not saying it's your fault here that you have to focus on school (I'm definitely not encouraging you to fail) but I think you have to find something bigger to focus on.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Audrey said...

The country reference was ENTIRELY intentional. Give me some credit. =)

I was thinking that on the way back from class today... I think I might finally be having the "post-Mexico letdown." I also realized that I am vastly more successful at school when I am enjoying life. Hopefully I can somehow use these two thoughts to help me get back to my usual cheerful demeanor.

2:02 PM  
Blogger audrey said...

hello audrey,
i just read what you wrote aba the tales of audrey, and they sounded so much like me, every single paragraph.

then i read your interests and i was like..is someone writing about me here?

and guess wat? yes,i'm called audrey.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home