tales of audrey the girl and theo the newt

stories and thoughts about a girl named audrey, her cold-blooded but lovable newt theo, and the extraordinary adventures of everyday life

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Big Girls Don't Cry

The title is definitely my guilty pleasure song of the moment, not to mention a sentiment I probably need to learn. It drives me crazy that, at 21 years old, my natural reaction to frustration is still tears. I hate that a minor setback in something not even remotely important in the long run can make me cry. Thankfully, the last few days (after realizing how much I hate behaving this way) have been better. I hope this continues.

I'm really bad at writing in this thing. I want to record my thoughts as life goes on... but sometimes it seems like I'm not having any coherent thoughts, and other times it seems like I can't stop my mind from spinning long enough to get some of them down "on paper." Here are a few of the things running through my mind right now:

- School is so freaking hard. This semester is going to be rough. But, right now at least, I can see that everyone else thinks it's really hard, too. And all I can do is try hard. God has put me here, and He knows where He'll take me next. So there's no reason to worry. This is a moderately revolutionary way of thinking for me, for the first week of school.

- I'm in love with the show "Scrubs." I'd easily put it up among my favorites, thanks to the first two seasons I've been working through over the summer and this past week.

- I really want to find THE guy. This sounds ridiculously corny, and probably fairly immature, and I'm sure it is evidence of the lack of faith and patience in my life. But... there it is. I don't know... I don't really care about all the goofy dating stuff our society dwells on so much. I just want a guy who fits me mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Who knows if or when it will happen, but I've been thinking about it lately.

- I really want to be more patient and have more faith. I want to have more faith in God, in my friends, in myself.

- Why is it SO hard to focus on homework?

That's all I've got for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home